FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please take the time to read through these - most of the questions I get asked are covered by the answers here and are in more depth than I could give you in a personal reply.
- What's this "I don't read/ play games/ etc" thing about? (Definitive answer.)
- What makes a good book?
- Will you look at my story and tell me if it's any good?
- Aren't games and comics for dumb people? If they were smarter, wouldn't they read novels?
- I don't understand book lengths. How can books have the same number of pages but have different word counts?
- What does abridgment of a book mean? Does it matter?
- How long does it take you to write a book?
- Where do you get your characters from?
- How do you write characters?
- How would you have wrapped up Imperial Commando #2 if you hadn't pulled out of it?
- Why have you stopped writing Star Wars?
- How do I get into writing my favourite franchise fiction?
- Is it true you don't read fiction? How can you write if you don't read books?
- Why do the wess'har think the way they do?
- Why do the wess'har dislike humans so much?
- Why is there a Verpine in Hard Contact? (A note on continuity, and understanding that it isn't real. Really. It isn't. No causality.)
- Are you going to resolve Delta Squad's story and tell us what happens to Sev? (Republic Commando's Delta Squad, not Gears' Delta Squad.)