Please take a moment to read this before sending a message. Especially if you use Gmail.
If you just want to say hi or tell me something, I'd genuinely love to hear from you. There's no publisher or secretarial service handling my correspondence, just me, and I'm slower at responding than I used to be, so I've put as much self service info on this web site as possible to save people the hassle of a long wait if all they want is a few facts rather than a conversation.
1. Please check the FAQs first. (If you're looking for Star Wars info, it's all in there.)
2.If you're contacting me from a Gmail address, there's a chance my reply won't reach you. (Nor will my news bulletin if you sign up for that, I suspect, so please whitelist or check your promotions and junk folders to complete the sign-up opt-in.) Gmail often blocks my mail as spam or drops it in Promotions, even personal stuff I send to my editor. This is the equivalent of your postman waving a sheaf of letters at you before dumping them in a bin and saying, "I know you probably wanted some of these, but I read them and decided for you that you didn't." And he'd get a visit from the cops. If you have an alternative account, it might be simpler to use that address instead.
3. If you're expecting an answer but you haven't received one, contact me via Twitter DM (I'm @karentraviss) or through Goodreads messages. I don't post on Twitter or read it these days but my DMs are still open. You can talk to me via DMs anyway, even if you haven't tried to contact me by e-mail.
Specific things I can't help you with, alas:
* School or college projects – this eats a lot of time, and time is something I'm running out of fast.
* Reading your manuscript or giving advice – too many legal issues. (Same goes for sending me ideas – it's a legal minefield. I have to delete them unread.) And what do I know anyway?
* Mando'a – it's been at least twelve years since I last worked on it and I've forgotten 99% of it. You know more than I do now.
If you prefer pen and paper, send a letter to the address below. You don't need to enclose stamps or an SAE with the letter. I can cover that. Don't forget to include your address for a reply. An e-mail address is helpful as well, just in case there's something urgent I need to ask before I respond. (It has happened.)
Karen Traviss Suite 6631 PO Box 7169 Poole BH15 9EL UK